Ah, internet. Without those rusty old tubes, almost nobody would know whether a Slow Loris liked to be tickled. Rebecca Black would choose her car seat without intervention and millions would have no idea of the existence of these nested Avengers dolls (below).
But who has the time to find the A-Levels among the lovely jumping students? Me, it would seem. So let’s peek at ’em.
- Then-and-now photos are always compelling – and these four sisters recreating their childhood shots are my latest favourites.
- Missing the Olympics? Well, at least you can keep tabs on Mo Farah Running Away From Things.
- What would the Star Wars characters be like as high-school students of the 1980s? Wonder no more.
- If that’s not enough Star Wars for you, then you might appreciate the original audition videos. Kurt Russell? Really?
Drop it to the floor
People fainting, the supercut. Never not funny.
Don’t talk to the hand
- Terrifying vintage ventriloquist dummies. Back then, scaring the children was part of the charm.
- Somebody That I Used to Know. Overcome your song-fatigue to see this amazing YouTube orchestra piece, arranged by yer man himself.
- If that’s not your bag, then maybe you’ll like this 1930s style, pipe-heavy video from the Wizard of Meh.
- What happens when you take your pet Velociraptor out shopping?
Fur soothes all
Penguins. The socially awkward of the animal kingdom.
Sometimes, nothing will help your day except a tiny pig in a blanket.
The internet contains an endless supply of owls really enjoying being scratched…
..but for the first time, I bring you an owl riding a dog:
If you can take more, we’ve got it for you on the Panning for Internet Gold tag. Caution: clicking this link this may suck up half your day.