Late September. Winter turned up early. The online community takes a collective breath post-Jepsen and waits for the next infectious phenomenon that might be mated with Star Wars references and an aggravated führer.
Don’t mind them, my pretty. Let’s waste a little time looking at the latest snark and photobombs.
Deep Space 5,500
- NASA has released the deepest image of the universe ever taken. 5,5oo galaxies. No Instagram filter. Amazing.
- Bad Lip Reading have worked their LOL-magic on the Hunger Games.
- Sarah Silverman made a [NSFW] political plea to her fellow Americans. So did Samuel L Jackson. US elections are funny.
- Call Me Maybe mashed up with R Kelly’s Ignition is better than it has any right to be.
- Alien’s Cast of Characters list is unisex and splendid.
- The Avengers have been re-imagined in the style of Tim Burton. Skinny.
- Meanwhile, that’s an odd request for Captain America [NSFW].
I DIE, I DIE
1973 saw the global peak of death-scene acting. Werq it, actor.
- The effects of drugs, Disney-style.
- Nick Fury sends memos. Because even Avengers have paperwork.
- What has Game of Thrones been mashed up with this week? Bob’s Burgers. GOOD.
- Let’s pretend Gangnam Style is still happening in order to crowbar in this Han Solo version. Still over it? Try PSY dancing impressively to Single Ladies.
- Julia lost 160lbs in one year. Watch her shrink in a few changing room mirror photos.
- These living paintings are fascinating and lovely.
The furry corner
- Grumpy cat is not having any of it. I swear I’ve shared meeting rooms with its human incarnation.
- The stakes are rising in the Stingray photobomb game.
- A caterpillar is apparently like X-Box for gorillas.
- Baby ape (complete with nappy) has the very life of his cat-mate.
- I wonder what Barack Obama would look like, riding a lion and brandishing a crossbow. Oh.
Wake up, boo
It’s worth waiting the 19 seconds until this baby armadillo adorably roars into life.