Panning for Internet Gold: The ‘nature is freakier than sci-fi’ edition
Come, little ones, let us gather around the shimmering internet for warmth and procrastinate together. Here’s this week’s best links.
Winter is coming, because you’re worth it
Did you know there are 15 trivia facts that you might not know about Game of Thrones? It’s also heartening to see Jon Snow finally getting the commercial work he so richly deserves.
Football reached peaks of excitement that it will never again match, with the blue team wrenching a shiny trophy from the sweaty grip of the red team with a sense of timing that Walt Disney himself would have ruled out on the grounds of incredulity.
Winning captain Vincent Kompany suffered from a little morning-after regret; whereas villain of the piece Joey Barton remained defiant. The ever-glorious Betfair Poker shed light on the lunar subtext of his actions.
C.K. more funny
What cocktail can you sell when your bar’s landlocked? Here’s an option (see image, left).
Don’t look at him, he only wants attention
People everywhere have been ignoring Hitler, with varying degrees of success.
- Sometimes, even sculptures need to drop the responsibilities and bust some moves. Seriously, you’re gonna wanna click that.
- Here’s everything you should know about Nikola Tesla (and why Edison was an idiot) in one beautiful Oatmeal comic.
- George Lucas takes splendid revenge on his NIMBY neighbours.
- Doctor Who? He’s nothing but a puppet, I tell you. A PUPPET.
- New favourite Twitter account: HYSTERICAL LAUNDRY!! Urgent care instructions with liberal use of exclamation marks.
You don’t know you’re beautiful
Finally: are you getting enough lubrication in your diet?
- Video Skive: Video killed the karaoke delusion
- Panning for Internet Gold: The ‘You may now marry Tony Stark’ edition