In this series, I’ll be bringing you all the best bits from this week on the coal face of the internet. Join me in my adventures in procrastination.
Mama we’re all married now
President Obama, in a break from making glorious faces while reading Where The Wild Things Are to some disgustingly lucky children, took the time to state the obvious. Namely, that your sexual orientation shouldn’t restrict your access to marriage.
I should be so Loki
Superheroes are occupying your local cinemaplex in the shape of Joss Whedon’s Avengers Assemble and boy, people sure like those super-freaks.
Tony Stark got soul, man.
Pay up or the font gets it
- Makers of a freemium app find an ingenious solution to the perennial problem, ‘How will we get users to pay after the trial expires?’
- Over in Manchester the customer is always right, even when they’re clearly a wee bit ‘touched’.
- In momentous news for bikini-wearers everywhere, science has finally found two steps to the Bikini-Ready body that actually work.
This week on that Twitter
- People celebrated Freud’s birthday in the only appropriate way.
- It really took this long for someone to create Jedvard Munch?
- It’s been a bad week for Rupert Murdoch. First, failure in DM-ing a crush, then his heartfelt dismay at humanity led only to being comprehensively owned by Jon Snow.
- Arch-Duke of Twitter Stephen Fry also produced a most satisfying troll-burn, whereas
- The Voice’s Will.I.Am is finally onto us.
- My latest must-follow is Homo Erectus (@PlioceneBloke) for his beautifully witticisms on loneliness and what has or has not yet been ‘invent’. Sample Tweet: