It’s such a huge part of our lives that it’s easy for casual browsing and casual social media use to turn into a serious compulsion.
We’re now a nation of people who have to share everything – from our latest relationship updates to what we’ve had for dinner.
Think you might love social media a little too much? Here are ten signs:
- The first thing you do when you wake up, and the last thing you do at night, is check your Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Your family and friends don’t recognise you without a phone or iPad hovering over your face.
- Your Klout score is now more important to you then your IQ.
- You use ‘lol’ in regular conversation. Out loud. Instead of laughing.
- You no longer believe anything has happened unless you see Twitpic evidence…
- …and normal photos bore you unless they’ve been put through a series of retro filters on Instagram
- You consider yourself friends with Stephen Fry, after that one time he replied to you.
- You tweet your children to tell them dinner is ready.
- You created a Twitter account for your two-year-old-child. And your cat. They have more followers then you do.
- You’ve checked your Facebook and Twitter accounts at least five times since reading this article.