Look at this thing. It’s an Echidna. Nobody would know what an Echidna was without the internet and this adorable pudding would be tossed over a cliff at birth, like so many Spartan babies lacking the mandatory six-pack. So let’s take a coffee-break or two to frolic in all the bountiful goodness of the online. Sack off work for Bo. Bo, the lovely Echidna.
Winds of change and hope and that
- Hurricane Sandy caused devastation for humans and – sniff – pets. Luckily there were animals available to help. And Ben Stiller.
- America sorted out who should be their next Quadrannual King. First there was a debate (badly lip-read), then Tumblr decided through the medium of gifs that there was only one winner. Cue the hottest new club in town: CONCESSION.
- Urgent signs are urgent.
- This is how highly talented musical youth are doing their thing these days. Like a frantic game of Simon Says.
- Katharine HepBURN. You’re gonna need a plaster on that.
- Prosthetic limb technology is getting cocky. This dude’s new arm is prosth-mazing.
Children of the world: fight
The most infectious videos of this week belonged to the kids. First, Dragon Baby; astonishing stunt technique. Second, Jimmy Kimmel is up to his old tricks, disappointing children:
This Sherlock game gives you an excuse to click on Cumberbatch’s face repeatedly (as if you didn’t already).
What happens when you search Google images for a : sign? See what they did there.
Friends have gone metal. Full-on scary death metal.
Dancing with Jesus features ‘a host of miraculous moves’.
Cooking with Skrillex features fire. Lots of fire.
Error 406: Does not stack
- Some fool gave the cup-stacking otter cups that don’t stack. Caution: hypnotizing gif action.
- Baby giraffe will slay you with one bat of his lengthy eyelashes.
- An excellent cat t-shirt (model’s own).
- You know what else you don’t know about Fennec Foxes? Tasty ears.
- Look: tiny things! First, a tech-literate baby koala.
- Many tiny pandas!
- Small dog versus a doorstop. This time it’s serious.
- You’ll have never been happier to see a tiny crab.
Best Actor: Kitten Seymour Cattman
Cats in baths have never been as dramatic as this: