Panning for Internet Gold: the Olympic Mars landing edition
While the world’s athletes appear to be staging some kind of ‘Occupy the Telly’ protest, there’s no better time to switch off and check out what’s what on the other tubes. We even begin with the Internetian roundup of Olympic highlights, to save you all that watching.
Stuck on a zipwire with you
- There’s only one sport worth checking out at the Olympics – and only one format in which to watch it. I bring you: race-walking gifs.
- If your feelings towards Tom Daley are starting to become troubling, then this derpilicious collection of images may prove to be your cure.
- The underwater synchronised swimming shots will give you vertigo, though.
- Remember when an entire stadium sang about love and everyone exploded in humanity-loving shivers?
The Wonder Years without the voice-over is just brimming with awkwardness:
Shooting past the moon
While running fast and jumping high are all very well, a group of heroes managed to land a science tank on MARS. Watching them celebrate is endlessly joyful.
@Curoisity Rover might not be entirely official, though.
Maga isn’t allowed to have her cat visit her hospital bed, so technology spawns the total cat immersion project. *Wipes teary face*
How do Sperm Whales sleep? Oddly.
- Pulp Fiction board games.
- Cats are a liquid.
- Star Wars washing machine.
- The tiniest turtle.
- Seasick Jackie Chan.
- Stabilizer cat.
- Baby gorilla stethoscope gasp.
- Dogs in wigs.
This ice cream advert is, well, terrifying. Not suitable for ever having a sound night’s sleep again.