The new series of Game of Thrones starts on Sky Atlantic on 2nd April. If, like me, you can’t wait for your fix of the boys and girls of Westeros, I have some suggestions for you to make the time go a little quicker.
- Watch the trailers and pore over the pictures: It seems that every week, a new trailer or batch of photos from series 2 is released. Luckily for us, HBO, in its infinite wisdom, has compiled everything on its website. Watch all the Game of Thrones trailers to your heart’s content.
- Read the books: As soon as I had watched the first episode of the first series, I was hooked and I knew I had to buy the box set of A Song of Ice and Fire books. If you don’t fancy lugging about five (quite weighty) tomes, then the Kindle edition of the books and the ePub versions are available.
- Re-watch the first series: HBO has just realised the first series of Game of Thrones on DVD and Blu-Ray. Well? What are you waiting for? Surely it’s about time you bought yourself a “it’s nearly spring-time” present?
- Amaze your friends with your useless Game of Thrones trivia: did you know that Bronn is actually Jerome from Robson and Jerome? Who would have guessed that the actor who plays magister Illyrio Mopatis, was also the original Javert in Les Miserables? Now you do.
- Get in with the fans: Game of Thrones fans are a talented lot (if I do say so myself!) and a quick search of the web will pull up amazing collections of Game of Thrones fan art, mashups between the Muppets and the GoT characters, plus, of course, that Simpsons homage.
See you on the sofa on the 2nd? I’ll be the one waving my “I love Jon Snow” banner.
See also: What to do if you’re missing Sherlock.