Panning for Internet Gold: the scary beans edition
It’s a big, old, scary world. Not least when you’ve got psycho cowboy toddler there, eyeing you up from behind his beany spoon.
So take a deep breath and allow yourself ten glorious minutes of procrastinatory glee with ma lully, lully links.
Didn’t expect it to be so big
- This epic xkcd comic odyssey through the world is the best thing online all year.
- Miranda’s fashion advice show should be a thing already.
- Gangnam style is flirting with water skis and a shark what with cosplay Gangnam, NYC Gangnam, London Gangnam and most alarmingly, a Carly Rae Jepsen mash-up (sweet Maggie-May, that’s awful. Don’t listen to that).
- Tumblr has entwined Game of Thrones and The Wire. Obviously, in retrospect.
- More eclectically, Lindsay NoHands is also a thing. I shake my head.
- Internet archaeologists have uncovered what appears to be footballer Andy Carroll’s Bebo profile. Oh, the photos!
Werq it, ja!
Germany, 1970. The best dance-based, football-related fashion show is being captured on film.
Skip to 28 seconds and REVEL IN THE UNADULTERATED JOY.
Social Media Cat Wars
- In a titanic clash of Facebook fan pages for cats, we have the fearsome Colonel Meow and Spangles, the cross-eyed kitteh.
- New, rare, behind-the-scenes pictures of Jaws are fascinating in a ruining-the–terrifying-magic kind of way.
- ‘Banner ladies‘ were a vintage advertising trend. Take one lady and dress her in the product you’re pushing. Bread? Fine. Bedsprings? Spring ‘er up. Lightbulbs? Yeah, OK.
- Sad superheroes are kind of heartbreaking. Don’t click when fragile.
- Uncut videos of Britney Spears videos exist. Here’s Baby One More Time for fans of late ’90s choreography and um, sexy schoolgirls. *Shudder*
- Stupidest are being mean to Mrs Miller. Her version of Yellow Submarine is rather charming.
All you need is cute
- The love story in 22 pictures melted a million hearts this week.
- This video proves cats are better than dogs because reasons. Science.
- Yawny baby hedgehog gif is ruthlessly endearing.
- This baby Grizzly Bear is endearingly ruthless, on the other hand.
- You didn’t know you wanted to see a dog and a parrot making out, did you?
- Turtle pals are well into their hugs. Whereas dog-horses are an abomination.
- Got a tough message to get across? Say it with puppies for more impact. Puppytext.
Build it anyway, Doozer
Ben Folds Five reached into my heart for their latest video’s inspiration.
In there, they found Fraggles and Doozers:
Liked this? Read more internet: