Panning for Internet Gold: The squid hat edition
You’ve had an excellent week! Your latest feature film is so popular with fans that some of them threatened critics with violence! Then again, that thing happened at your London premiere that made all your stars go frowny-faced. Either way, you’ve earned some procrastination fodder. Let us play.
Kim: less of a Kant than they say
- Best new addition to Twitter: Kim Kierkegaardashian. 50% philosophy, 50% fluff. Pleasing.
- The Pokeyman Project: One highly talented artist draws Pokemon characters from readers’ descriptions and no other frame of reference. The results are deliciously compelling.
- There must be less creepy ways to expose your children to the letter M.
- Talking of ‘creepy’, you can now get 50 shades of everything. Enough, now.
- Let’s anthropomorphise some used tin cans instead.
Incredible dancing boy pops on his Snuggie and faultlessly recreates Beyoncé’s Countdown video – see both below to understand the magnificence of this achievement. If he authored the Am I Beyoncé Yet Tumblr, I suspect the answer would be different.
Beware: this section is wet, slippery
- Etsy shop Obey My Brain creates the kind of marine-based headwear that will cause a stir down the chippy of a Friday night (pictured).
- You can now order a custom-made mermaid tail because… I don’t know how to finish that sentence.
- Warning: the next link is most definitely not to be clicked before, during or after a meal. The Urechis Unicinctus is a fish you are unlikely to want anywhere near your beautiful aquarium. Or your dreams.
- The latest edition of Angling Times represents a triumph of journalism in every feature.
NB: this section is adorable
- One can only hope that at some point in life, we are loved by someone like this cat is loved by this raccoon.
- Almost there is this farmer, who painstakingly planted a heart-shaped meadow in memory of his late wife.
- It’s Comic Con time and this Nyan Cat cosplay beats the myriad Catwomen.
- What face is most appropriate when you discover you’ve been filmed on hidden camera? Houston Zoo knows.
- This is double-cat shopping trolley cuteness and seriously, my heart just exploded.
The Tiny Dark Knight Rocks Charmingly
Somebody somewhere has a job that involves dabbing baby bats gently with a moistened cotton bud and now I desperately need to connect with them on LinkedIn:
If you can take more, we’ve got it for you on the Panning for Internet Gold tag. Just don’t make yourself sick from over-indulging in internet links.